to see in the park
built in 1865, was renovated in 2009.
The cost was
$40,000, coming from HAMP (the Heritage Asset Maintenance Program)
funding, and DECC internal funding.
The works included
the installation of windows and doors, repointing old mortar joints,
the removal of the concrete block and sink stand behind the building,
the replacement of timber lintels inside the building, the replacement
of barge boards and installation of new guttering, down pipes and
flashing; the stabilisation of one of the corners over building
to prevent subsidence and the restoration of the old chimney. All
work was supervised by Lane Cove National Park ranger Andrew Duffy
and DECC Cultural heritage officers.
before the renovations
With new windows
A new drainage system
Native bush regeneration and new paving behind the cottage
And restored chimney